Women's DayPoetry4 min read
10 Young Female Indian AuthorsJanuary 24, 2021
Share0 Bookmarks 4464 Reads0 Likes
10 Young Female Indian Authors You Should Read
- Madhuri Banerjee: Madhuri Banerjee is an Indian author, columnist and screenwriter. Her debut novel Losing My Virginity And Other Dumb Ideas sold over 40,000 copies. She is also the writer of the successful Bollywood film, Hate Story 2. She has also worked with actress Karishma Kapoor on a non-fiction book called The Yummy Mummy Guide. (Born: 9 August 1975 (age 44 years), India)
- Nikita Singh: Nikita Singh is an Indian writer. She has written twelve books including The Reason is You, Every Time It Rains, Like a Love Song, The Promise and After All This Time. Her 2016 novel, Like a Love Song, debuted at No. 2 at Hindustan Times Bestseller list.
- Ira Trivedi: Ira Trivedi is an Indian author, columnist, and yoga teacher. Her works include India in Love: Marriage and Sexuality in the 21st century, What Would You Do to Save the World?, The Great Indian Love Story, and There's No Love on Wall Street.
- Savi Sharma: Savi Sharma is an Indian novelist. She is the author of the best-selling novel Everyone Has a Story – An Inspirational Story of Dreams, Friendship, Love & Life. She is also the co-founder of motivational media blog "Life & People" where she writes about positivity, meditation, law of attraction, and spirituality.
- Soha Ali Khan: Soha Ali Khan is an Indian film actress, known primarily for her work in the Hindi film industry, although she has also acted in Bengali and English-language films. Khan's debut book, The Perils of Being Moderately Famous, which features a collection of humorous anecdotes about her life as a royal princess, was published in 2017.
- Meghna Pant: Meghna Pant is an Indian author, journalist and speaker. She has won awards for her contribution to literature, gender issues and journalism, including the Frank O’Connor International Award and the Commonwealth Short Story Prize.
- Namita Gokhale: Namita Gokhale is an Indian writer, publisher and festival director. She is the author of sixteen books including nine works of fiction.Things to Leave Behind has been published in November 2016. It is a rich, panoramic historical novel that shows Kumaon and the Raj as you have never seen them.
- Anuja Chauhan: Anuja Chauhan is a renowned Indian author and advertiser. She has worked in advertising for over seventeen years and is credited with many popular campaigns including PepsiCo’s Yeh Dil Maange More, Mera Number Kab Aayega, Oye Bubbly and Darr Ke Aage Jeet Hai. She is the author of four bestselling novels (The Zoya Factor, Battle for Bittora, Those Pricey Thakur Girls, The House That BJ Built). Her romantic novels present characters that are extremely witty and recognizable. Her use of Hinglish and Indian setting gives a sense of relatability to Indian urbane readers and have received a great amount of popularity.
- Preeti Shenoy: Preeti Shenoy is an Indian author. She has been consistently nominated for the Forbes List of the 100 most influential celebrities in India since 2013. Preeti received the Indian of the Year award by Brands Academy. She has also received Business excellence award instituted by New Delhi Management Institute.
- Anamika Mishra: Anamika Mishra is an Indian Author, travel & lifestyle blogger, motivational speaker and nature enthusiast.