- We don't have a culture of realistic acting in India.
- Parsi theater was known for melodrama.
- Sometimes when you're playing a very intense character, a disturbed character, you find other layers. That's much more interesting to me, rather than just playing 'intense.' I find it too boring.
- I've realized that my... let me call it 'destiny' or some force that has pushed me to identify looking for your comfort zone as a kind of limitation. And everybody has a tendency to fall into the comfort zone. I did that in the early stage of my career.
- I can't think of a more pathetic situation for an actor than to do a film and not connect to it. And I pray to God that I never face that situation.
- A film engages you emotionally and intellectually.
- You cannot reduce the power of story with the tag of money because it's not a share market. So you must know the seriousness of the power of storytelling.
- When you come out of the theatre and you don't even talk about that film or remember it, then it disappoints me.
- A nation needs to know how to utilise talent.
- Our Bollywood stars who talk of being part of 100 crore films, I think I belong to the 1,000 crore club.
- The sign of a good society is where talent is respected.