"The purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself."
Great Shayar Dushyant Kumar was born on 1st Sept. in 1931 and died on 30th of Dec in 1975. He was an Indian poet of modern Hindi literature. Earning name and fame for writing Hindi Ghazals he was generally recognized as one of the foremost Hindi poets of the 20th century.
Let's know him more:-
- He was married to Rajeshwari Tyagi.
- The Indian Department of Posts issued a commemorative stamp with Dushyant Kumar's image on it, in September 2009.
- Moreover, his fascinating contributions are kept in a museum dedicated to Dushyant Kumar exists in C. T. T. Nagar, in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- The poem "Tu kisi rail si guzarti hai" line was taken from his poem and used as a song in the movie Masaan.
- In ABP News and Hindi poet, Kumar Vishwas made an episode on Dushyant Kumar in their program Mahakavi which aired on 12 and 13 Nov 2016.
- Unfortunately, the house of Dushyant Kumar was broken by the administration of Smart City Project. This was also criticized by several leading people.
Some interesting sher of Dushyant Kumar
kaise ākāsh meñ sūrāḳh nahīñ ho saktā
ek patthar to tabī.at se uchhālo yaaro
mere siine meñ nahīñ to tere siine meñ sahī
ho kahīñ bhī aag lekin aag jalnī chāhiye
kahāñ to tai thā charāġhāñ har ek ghar ke liye
kahāñ charāġh mayassar nahīñ shahar ke liye
zindagī jab azaab hotī hai
āshiqī kāmyāb hotī hai
sirf hañgāma khaḌā karnā mirā maqsad nahīñ
merī koshish hai ki ye sūrat badalnī chāhiye
POPULAR GHAZALS BY DUSHYANT KUMAR :
wo aadmi nahin hai mukammal bayan hai
ye jo shahtir hai palkon pe uTha lo yaro
ek guDiya ki kai kaTh-putliyon mein jaan hai
hone lagi hai jism mein jumbish to dekhiye
jaane kis kis ka KHayal aaya hai
In his memory Kavishala remembers some lines :
"Words do not express thoughts very well. They always become a little different immediately after they are expressed, a little distorted, a little foolish."
― Hermann Hesse